The Junior/Senior Consultant in International Development will be responsible to deliver projects for our clients in private, public, and social sectors, and support the business development activities in the Caribbean. The types of projects under focus are related to development issues of the Caribbean region in 4 thematic areas: Climate change, Water and Waste, Government and Social sector, Economic development.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Project Execution
- Day to day execution of client projects under the supervision of a manager / senior manager.
- Engage with client representatives to understand current challenges, development priorities, needs, develop hypotheses of key problems and propose solutions.
- Develop analysis plans and collect relevant data.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses required in clients projects.
- Undertake surveys; design data collection tools; review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare preliminary conclusions.
- Run focus group and undertakes outreach activities; participate in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participate in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external stakeholders and drafting mission reports.
- Structure work products and deliver as agreed with key project stakeholders on quality, cost, timeframe.
- Present findings, recommendations, and deliverables to client representatives.
- Provide support to client representatives for implementing the recommendations.
- Maintain a clean and structured workflow and project archive.
- Guide and develop a team of junior consultants (for Senior Consultants).
- Performs other duties as required.
2. Business Development
- Actively research prospective business opportunities and funding for all sectors of Unite Caribbean, develop and manage partnerships, both with potential clients and Caribbean high-potential providers (technical partners and companies).
- Carry out exploratory and fact-finding missions to provide visibility, business development and close partnerships.
- As part of a team, contribute to the development of technical proposals in response to RFQ/RFT and EOIs.
Respect for diversity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Master’s degree in engineering, Economics, Business Administration, International Development or related field.
- Work Experience: 1-4 years of progressively responsible experience ideally within the management consulting industry for the public sector or working in the international development sector on technical projects.
- Previous experience working in the Caribbean region, with strong regional/in-country networks.
- Experience in drafting background papers, producing analytical notes, reports to public bodies or private entities.
- Strong problem-solving skills, using data management skills and analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, business acumen and able to work in fast-paced, high productive environment.
- Ability to prioritize with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team – oriented work environment.
- Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English and French, Spanish would be an asset.
- Advanced skills in Excel including analyses of complex datasets.
- Excellent writing and editing skills to produce reports and powerpoints.
Contract & Remuneration
- International Individual Contractor’s Agreement.
- Monthly fee range based on experience, background and location; $39k to $53k.
- Performance bonus up to 10% based on two criteria: outputs – ability to meet targets and deadlines with high-quality work, and inputs – contributions to company success (communication, teamwork and positive attitude).
- Duty station: Unite Caribbean office in Guadeloupe, in Saint Lucia or in Barbados.
- Short-term missions to Caribbean countries expected up to 30% of project activities.
- Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorize to reside in one of the selected locations. However visa sponsorship may be allocated on a case-by-case basis.