Home > Our projects > Identification of Guadeloupe's centres of excellence in response to Caribbean marke
Identification of Guadeloupe's centres of excellence in response to Caribbean marke
September 2017 - April 2018
Local Economic Development
Consultation and Project Building
Guadeloupe Regional council, Expertise France
- Damien BAUCHAU: Co-founder of UNITE Caribbean, expert in local public governance and strategy and Caribbean regional cooperation project
- Thomas CHOLLET: President and co-founder of UNITE Caribbean, expert in development project engineering and specialist in supporting public actors in their international cooperation project
The Caribbean is an area of active regional integration with a large number of organizations that focus on economic development and strengthening regional cooperation to create a true common economic space.
In order to develop a real operational capacity to position French expertise internationally, French institutions have been structured since 2015 with the creation of Expertise France, a French public agency of reference in the implementation of international technical assistance projects and programmes.
The overall objective of this project is to contribute to the development of stronger economic integration between the French West Indies and the Caribbean Basin countries, by providing a comprehensive mapping of the highly qualified expertise of the French West Indies coupled with a detailed analysis of technical assistance needs across the Caribbean.
This mission is a first pilot phase concerning Guadeloupe for mapping in a partnership agreement between the Guadeloupe Region and Expertise France. It also involves the development of partnerships with OECS, Barbados and Cariforum to identify technical assistance needs.
1. Carry out an analysis of the technical assistance market in the Caribbean basin
2. Identify sectors with high potential for expertise in Guadeloupe
3. Develop computer tools to visualize consultation results (database, questionnaire analysis, mapping system)
4. Identify strategic options to better integrate Guadeloupe's highly qualified expertise into regional technical cooperation.
1. A qualitative and quantitative assessment of the highly qualified centres of excellence available in Guadeloupe for regional technical cooperation in the Caribbean, covering five relevant technical sectors
2. A database identifying technical skills by sector, key institutions, relay institutions, private sector organizations, individual experts in Guadeloupe
3. A comprehensive operational study on the technical assistance market in the Caribbean Basin, the main donors and sectors financed ff ff
Join THE UNITE CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE
Join our team of experts on our cooperation and development consultation projects in the Caribbean